Citi of Books is delighted to launch the publication of “Outrageous Fortune: Meditations on Living through a Pandemic and Troubled Times” by Stephen W. Locke. This inspirational book is a collection of the author’s daily reflections during the pandemic. The book is now available for purchase on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other sites.
Stephen W. Locke has spent thirty-five years as a Presbyterian pastor. He lives in California with his wife, Chris, and his three children. He has directed a series of lectures entitled, “Religion in America: Seeking the Common Ground” in conjunction with California State University, Stanislaus.
He has recently retired and spends his days writing and doing research, which he has affectionately named “Pequod.” The ship of Ahab, who is looking for the ‘white whale,” He is also working on advent devotions entitled “An Absurd Entrance” and a short story named “Missing.”
According to Matthew 6:34, “So do not be anxious about tomorrow; tomorrow will look after itself. Each day has trouble enough of its own.” Do not worry about the things that will happen the next day. Embrace today, and with that, you will be able to maximize your present moment. Everything has its own perfect timing.
Navigating through troubled times is often fearful, terrifying, and disappointing. We want to make decisions that move us along, but we are also fearful of making the wrong choice.
Fear is the big boulder that hinders our mind in making those decisions. To overcome fear, we must live our fears and not back out or escape them. By facing our fears, we will gain greater spiritual peace.
This book also reminds us that we cannot give what we do not have. We must also heal ourselves first before we can heal other people. We need to comfort ourselves first with God’s words before we encourage others.
These meditations trace the emotional upheaval of our struggle as well as provide hopeful solace in the struggle itself. Philosophers, sociologists, psychologists, spiritual advisors, and theologians are useful sources for this journey.
Stephen W. Locke’s “Outrageous Fortune: Meditations on Living through a Pandemic and Troubled Times” is now available for purchase thru the links provided below:
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Outrageous-Fortune-Meditations-Pandemic-Troubled-ebook/dp/B0BYGV7NW2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=34G76X1PCJUSO&keywords=Outrageous+Fortune%3A+Meditations+on+Living+through+a+Pandemic+and+Troubled+Times&qid=1679071552&sprefix=outrageous+fortune+meditations+on+living+through+a+pandemic+and+troubled+times%2Caps%2C320&sr=8-1
- Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/outrageous-fortune-stephen-w-locke/1143210602?ean=9781959682530
- Chegg: https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=31451358628&searchurl=ds%3D20%26kn%3DOutrageous%2BFortune%253A%2BMeditations%2Bon%2BLiving%2Bthrough%2Ba%2BPandemic%2Band%2BTroubled%2BTimes%26sortby%3D17&cm_sp=snippet-_-srp1-_-title1
- Abebooks: https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=31452529929&searchurl=kn%3DStephen%2BW.%2BLocke%26sortby%3D17&cm_sp=snippet-_-srp1-_-title17
- Textbookx: https://textbookx.com/book/Outrageous-Fortune-Meditations-on-Living-Through-a-Pandemic/9781959682530/
- BookDepository: https://www.bookdepository.com/Outrageous-Fortune-Stephen-W-Locke/9781959682530?ref=grid-view&qid=1679073817828&sr=1-1
Like what you just read?